Working For Your Non-profit Organisation
Accounting for Good provides financial management services to non-profits and social enterprises across Australia.
Services can be ongoing, or one-off projects.
We have a highly trained and dedicated team of financial bookkeepers and accountants who specialise in the not-for-profit sector. We understand the challenges of operating a non-profit charity or organisation. Lead by your client manager our team can offer your organisation a broad range of accounting services and financial advice.
Services are offered at three levels: Bookkeeping, Accounting and CFO and are dialled up or down on each role to meet the situation and budget. When organisations recruit in-house staff, they can rarely find all the skills in the one person (processing, bookkeeping, accounting, strategy, etc) and then there are the hidden costs.
Bookkeeping and accounting
AFG can take care of all the bookkeeping from Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Bank and Credit Card Reconciliation and upload or work with in-house or volunteer bookkeepers and check their processing. Administration staff who want to gain bookkeeping skills can be mentored using Xero and Skype, where the teaching is practical and real time. All Assistant Accountants are certified Xero practitioners.
Accounting, by CPA or CA qualified staff, ensure processing is checked and all month-end activities, such as taking up accruals, journal entries, are completed correctly.
Taking correctly processed data, AFG produces meaningful, accurate and timely reports for decision-makers. Where requested, Client Managers will add commentary to explain variations and implications in the reports.
Compliance and Risk Management
We seek to keep our clients safe, and act as a second set of eyes to ensure all aspects of compliance are covered.
- Acquittals and regulatory reporting
- Monitoring internal controls
- Policies and procedures
- Preparation for audit
- Tax and Super
- BAS, IAS, FBT, SCG
Workshops & Webinars
We run workshops and webinars from time to time as part of our mission to increase financial literacy amongst nonprofit boards and decision-makers, and to raise awareness about the solutions and challenges of non-profit financial management.
- Accessible approach
- Sector specific and customised
- Relevant, operational examples
- Designed to build capacity
- Full program of Xero training in groups,
individual, certificate assessment
Using cloud based applications, AFG has brought over 100 nonprofits to the Xero accounting platform in the past 2 years.
- Conversion to Xero from MYOB or Quickbooks
- Ongoing, discounted Xero subscription
- Access to Xero Add-on services and advice on selection
- AFG Help Desk support
- Mentoring and training
- Short term financial management projects
- Financial system assessment (A health check for finances)
- Customised policies and procedures manual
- Pre-audit audit
- Investigations of error and fraud
- An assessment of financial fitness for new funding (for funders and fundees)
- Implementation of the National Standard Chart of Accounts
Want to Know More
If you would like someone to call you to discuss options, and how we can support your organisation, get in touch.